- 1 cup of soy protein powder
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt (not non-fat)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F if using a glass pan).
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix together the first six ingredients (to salt) in a large bowl.
- Crumble in the brown sugar with your fingers to break up lumps
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Measure yogurt, oil and vanilla in a second bowl and stir.
- Mix wet into dry - you may have to use your hands to get it all moistened.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and pat down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and cut.
- Move the bars onto a prepared baking tray (I cover mine in parchment paper) and cook for another 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
(For extra crunchy bars, turn off the oven and leave them in another 45 min).
- Remove the bars and put on a rack to cool.
Eat them within a few days or store in a heavy zip lock bag in the freezer.
"Refresh" them by putting them in a toaster oven after defrosting them.