Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, not thawed
- In one bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand 5-10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Beat eggs.
- Stir in brown sugar and oil. Blend.
- Stir in oats mixture, then flour.
- Gently fold in fruit.
- Bake at 370 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.